Cloud Infrastructure Developer - Contract
On behalf of our client, Brainhunter Systems is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Developer who will join our clients DevOps & Product Delivery Team in building and maintaining their cloud infrastructure and cloud strategy. We are looking for someone with a continuous improvement mindset, exceptional systematic and problem-solving skills, and a passion for technology. This position requires high proficiency in the Microsoft Azure platform and a preference to work in an agile environment.
You will be reporting to the Technology Delivery Stream as part of the ERP Implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Migrate and maintain existing virtual or containerized on-premises infrastructure into Microsoft Azure Cloud environments. Creating build script for each SDLC environment.
- Manage, support and maintain Azure defined cloud environments
- Manage, support and maintain security for the respective Azure environments
- Creating, maintain and advance CI / CD pipelines in collaboration with other delivery departments
- Support development programs to build Azure cloud native applications through DevOps activities such as environment costing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment pipelines
- Create and improve processes to improve overall DevOps operations
- Collaborate with other consultants/staff to troubleshoot production issues including responding to after-hours escalations if needed
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues
- Continue to keep apprised on Microsoft Azure & other Cloud based technologies
- Contribute to existing or new service offerings for our customers
- Working within agile teams, including:
- Collaborating with the Product Owner team to create, understand and refine backlog items and acceptance criteria.
- Participating in Sprint Planning and setting the sprint plan goals.
- Delivering a potentially releasable Increment of “Done” product at the end of each Sprint.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the team's process.
Hands-on experience with additional Azure cloud services including:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Networking
- Azure Key Vault
- Azure Storage Services
- Azure App Services
- Azure Databases
- Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
- Azure Data Factory, Databricks
- Azure Pilelines
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment, CI/CD and application lifecycle management
- Strong understanding of containerization technologies and platforms, specifically Kubernetes and Azure Container Instances
- Monitoring tools
- Log streaming experience
- System administration of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Web servers (Tomcat) and database concepts (MS SQL Server)
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment, CI/CD and application lifecycle management i.e. GitHub Actions, and Azure DevOps
- Considerable knowledge and application of: IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, FaaS
- Considerable experience with GitHub and other version control systems
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Experience managing technical priorities within the backlog
- Excited about trying new solutions outside standard approved
- Be a team member as part of technical customer engagements
- Excellent problem-solving skills in resolving issues with complex systems
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High energy and passionate individual who is inspired to reach maximum potential
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate within a distributed team as well as other departments at all levels of the organization
- Embraces a culture of trust and complete transparency