Business Analyst, System Operations Job#59022
About the Job:
Mindwire is currently seeking a Business Analyst to work with one of our valued clients.
The client is located in Ottawa-Gatineau area
More specific responsibilities include:
- Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting COTS systems by resolving incidents, service requests or problems.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement regarding the incumbent financial reporting applications.
- Develop hands on knowledge of the ERP, financial consolidation and reporting applications to investigate issues, identify root causes, recommend and drive resolutions.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business system owners and end users to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Gather and evaluate business requirements to prepare associated documentation and configuration specifications.
- Act as the liaison between Finance, Operational business units, Technology teams and Vendors.
- Work with and support/maintain an ERP, financial consolidation and reporting applications including but not limited to application configuration, troubleshooting of complex incidents and development of new features
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines; able to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations; ability to manage time effectively
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to identify problems and deal with situations and issues proactively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Functional experience with ERP systems (IFS, D365, SAP) and/or financial consolidation or reporting (Cognos Controller, TM1)
- English is essential; working knowledge of French would be considered an asset
- Experience in financial accounting, consolidation and reporting with a large organization
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles, including consolidation and foreign exchange accounting rules
- The incumbent should possess a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, or CA)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a business analysis, finance or audit capacity
How to Apply:
To apply for this and other suitable exciting opportunities with Mindwire Systems Ltd., you can apply online through the button on the top right.
Please email Linda at email@example.com and copy of your CV.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.