Infrastructure Operations and Support Specialist
About the Job:
Mindwire is currently seeking an Infrastructure Operations and Support Specialist to work for our valued client.
The Infrastructure Operation and Support specialist (IOSS) is responsible for providing technical support for on premises technology infrastructure by overseeing operations of the physical and virtual infrastructure including performing administration and maintenance. Additionally, the IOSS is responsible for ongoing support operations for disaster recovery to ensure the effective backup and recovery of data. The IOSS is also responsible for performing complex Local Area Network (LAN) administration functions and provide second level support to the ServiceDesk as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
- Consolidate parallel networks onto a shared public or private infrastructure and integrate networks of recently merged or acquired enterprises into the original enterprise's network system
- Provide technical planning and support for a medium complexity network with some Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity
- Provide technical planning and support for high-end core Local Area Network (LAN) switching products, including layer-3 switching
- Support a production TCP/IP wide-area network
- Provide Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), point-to-point and multipoint designs
- Develop and maintain network system documentation
- Perform network troubleshooting
- Review coding and error detection methodologies
- Collect and preserve evidence to be admissible in court if needed
- Support the development of business cases
- Provide input into network modeling and simulation exercises
- Interpret the need of applications and users into logical designs, SLAs and network management practices
- Write technical specifications, acceptance criteria, and perform evaluations of technical proposals for network related RFPs in a public sector environment
- Assess the impact of new applications and application changes in the network
- Lead technical teams in specific network improvement and upgrade projects
- Provide TCP/IP Network Management
- Review communications over local and wide area networks as to their ability to support data processing requirements
- Recommend changes to transmission networks, both in terms of hardware devices and switching points required to improve network performance
- Participate in the analysis, design, and implementation of communication networks for data processing transmissions requirements
- Support and manage storage, including Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network-Attached Storage (NAS) types
- Design and recommend short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Review cabling standards and building designs
- Provide networking solutions to all server platforms
- Research, test and recommend the adoption of new technologies, hardware, and software and network protocols to enhance data processing requirements
- Recommend and coordinate the removal of outdated technologies, software and network protocols while maintaining or enhancing existing data processing requirements
- Analyze, make recommendations, and implement various virtualization projects / initiatives
- Provide technical support for on premises and Cloud (Azure and O365) technology; and
- Support operations for disaster recovery to ensure the effective backup and recovery of data.
How to Apply:
To apply for this and other suitable exciting opportunities with Mindwire Systems Ltd., you can apply online through the button on the top right.
Please email Jordan Krusch at Jordan.email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.