BH – Cloud Security Solutions Architect – Permanent (Remote)
About the role:
On behalf of our award-winning FinTech client, Brainhunter Systems is looking for a Security Architect and Assurance Lead to join our clients technology team. You will act as a trusted advisor/enabler to create and support agile, secure and reliable products and technology infrastructure. This role spans across many facets of security and as the lead of security efforts within the organization, you will be responsible for planning, designing, testing, implementing and maintaining cloud, software, infrastructure and cyber security policies/programs.
Note: This role is based in Canada and is open to candidates remotely across the country.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Lead the security approach in conjunction with the security team, factoring in ATB Ventures unique risk profile.
- Provide leadership & mentorship to the technology team in the design and execution of safe and secure application development.
- Provide security expertise to technology leadership teams on current or emerging security risk areas that may impact our organization.
- Focus on the delivery of security policies and processes to secure our cloud platform (Cloud security), products (App security) and protect systems & data against threats (Cyber security).
- Plan, Prepare and execute validation activities to ensure new projects and operational systems technically adhere to Information Security policies and processes with a focus on reporting, tracking and closing identified issues.
- Assess and deliver vulnerability and penetration test efforts on projects and operational systems within our organization.
- Liaise with external cyber security organizations to provide 3rd party security assessments.
- Through your work, enable the technology teams (engineering, DevOps, architect, data) to design and implement secure workloads and infrastructure in the cloud.
- Proficient in all aspects of cloud security, including identity and access management, defining organizational structure and policies, data protection, configuring network security defenses, collecting and analyzing logs, managing incident responses and demonstrating an understanding of the application of dynamic regulatory considerations.
Required skills & experience:
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Science or related field at an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of experience in information security.
- Professional designation: CISSP, CISA, CISM, OSCP or OSCE Certification would be a bonus.
- GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer certification or Professional Cloud Network Engineer (or equivalent AWS certification) would be a bonus.
- Experience with GCP security tools & services.
- Networking – Familiar with OSI Layer 3-7, cloud services VPCs, VLANS, private VLANS, secure VLANS, trunking, switching, routing, firewalls, reject/deny vs. drop, reverse tunnels, and solicited vs. unsolicited ingress & egress.
- Penetration Testing – Familiar with PCI compliance, WebApp Pentesting, network scanning vs. agent based vulnerability management, policy compliance, ddos resiliency testing, and all modern tools involved in service exploitation.
- Vulnerability Management - Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing Vulnerability Management programs, initiatives, and capabilities.
- Threat Intelligence - Experience building threat intelligence programs. Understanding of threat landscape and security intelligence in both the government and commercial space.
- Ability to lead cybersecurity investigations and inspections to assess risk-validate incidents, breaches.
- Security Testing – Experience in managing Information Security Testing programs, including red team, penetration and vulnerability testing.
- Experience with security frameworks such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001/27002, CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Security.
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology and associated security frameworks would be a significant asset.
- Bonus points if you’ve been a part of a startup, and helped them scale in a safe and secure manner.
How to Apply:
- Online: Apply online now at www.Brainhunter.com
- Email: If you would prefer to email a copy of your resume for later review, we would be pleased to consider your resume for future upcoming opportunities, please send resume, availability and compensation expectation to: email@example.com
Please note: While we appreciate and welcome all applications, only those who satisfy employment eligibility in Canada and meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted.